Fannin Child Fights for Life While in Foster Care

Community, Featured Stories

Throughout the year, FYN has kept you informed on various events as they unfolded regarding a stabbing and kidnapping that took place in McCaysville, GA during February.After the near death encounter with her, then, boyfriend and father of her children, Jennifer Palmer spent days recovering from fourteen stab wounds and her children were placed in foster care with a family in Ringold, GA.

After a fight for her children, Palmer regained custody in June but a few short months later, they returned to foster care because Palmer was pulled over and, according to her, the people she was giving a ride to had drugs in their possession.

“The cop said he knew it wasn’t mine but DFCS took my kids anyway”

she said.

FYN spoke with Palmer shortly after the attack and she expressed various concerns that she had about the home her children were placed in. She said she had expressed them to her caseworker but they were, basically, ignored. After a surprise visit early morning on Monday, December 30th, from a DFCS employee and police officer, Palmer was told that they had bad news regarding her two year old daughter Saharra. She had been severely injured and was fighting for her life in Erlanger hospital in Chattanooga, TN.

With visible bruises on her arm, Palmer explained

“I told her there’s something going on in that house; they’re doing something to my baby.”

Palmer continued that Saharra’s prognosis isn’t good and that if she does survive,

“she will be a vegetable”.

The teary eyed mother said

“She will never walk or talk and she won’t know who her brother and I are”.

Palmer described her daughter as her face being swollen, both cheeks are bruised, new bruises are present on her forehead, her arm has bruises and so does her back.

“I knew something was going on there, my heart tells me something is going on there. I just hope they’re strong enough to tell the truth”

Palmer said.

Palmer’s six year old son, Elijah, was examined and underwent a forensic interview yesterday afternoon.

Catoosa County Sheriff, Gary Sisk, stated that they are trying to get all of the facts laid out. In the meantime, Palmer is seeking legal counsel and she intends on pursuing a law suit against the state of Georgia.

FYN has contacted the caseworker for this case for a statement but has not received a response. We will continue to keep you updated on the pending investigation and the progress of two year old Saharra.


MG - Dedicated to serve the needs of the community. Provide a source of real news-Dependable Information-Central to the growth and success of our Communities. Strive to encourage, uplift, warn, entertain, & enlighten our readers/viewers- Honest-Reliable-Informative.

News - Videos - TV - Marketing - Website Design - Commercial Production - Consultation

Search - Citizen Journalists - A place to share “Your” work. Send us “Your” information or tips - 706.276.NEWs (6397) 706.889.9700

Back to Top