Blue Ridge, Ga. – FYN received the following letter from Assistant Superintendent Robert Ensley regarding how the Fannin County School System will operate.
Dear FCSS Faculty and Staff,
To best meet the needs of our students, we are asking for the help of our faculty. All faculty and staff will have defined responsibilities so that we can continue best serving our students and their families.
- On Tuesday, March 17, 2020, everyone aside from the following categories will follow the standard protocol for a COLD event:
- All 12-month employees, directors, and principals will report at their normal times to their assigned locations.
- All nutrition staff will report; Candice Sisson will provide additional information.
- School administrators will communicate with their respective office staff members about whether they should report or engage in COLD activities.
- Teachers may report to their classrooms tomorrow, but they may not bring children into the school building. After each classroom has undergone deep cleaning, the teacher will be responsible for ensuring that the room remains sanitized if they occupy it.
- Starting Wednesday, March 18, 2020, we will begin an operation to deliver meals to students across the county. These procedures will be in place through at least Friday, March 20, 2020. We will reassess the future later this week.
- School administrators will inform classified people in their respective buildings about expectations for the days ahead. Many will be assisting with the delivery of meals.
- All teachers who are delivering direct instruction will continue delivering COLD.
- Teachers may come to the school building but they may not bring children into the school building. After each classroom has undergone deep cleaning, the teacher will be responsible for ensuring that the room remains sanitized if they occupy it.
- School administrators will inform all certified faculty who do not deliver direct instruction per COLD about their expectations for the days ahead.
- Transportation will have designated areas or routes (to be released later today) for pick-up beginning at approximately 10:30 a.m.
- In addition to designated pick-up areas food may be picked up between 11 and 1 at:
- Blue Ridge Elementary School
- East Fannin Elementary School
- West Fannin Elementary School
Reminder: All after-school activities are cancelled until further notice.
Please bear with us as we try to provide you with the most up-to date information and expectations. This is an evolving situation and we may need to change as the days progress. Please continue to WASH YOUR HANDS and practice social distancing.