In an effort to support local families with school readiness, the Fannin County School System will be offering two Georgia Lottery Funded Pre-Kindergarten Classes during the 2019-2020 school year. Any child who will be four years old on or before September 1, 2019, is eligible to apply for a position in the classes. The classes will be at Blue Ridge Elementary and follow the Fannin County School District’s calendar. There are no application fees or other charges for class participation, and transportation will be available, if needed.
1. Applications can be picked up at the Fannin County Board of Education or Blue Ridge Elementary beginning Friday, March 1, 2019. Applications can also be downloaded at www.fannin.k12.ga.us.<http://www.fannin.k12.ga.us/> Also the Pre-K web page can be found on our system web site.
2. Completed applications along with supporting documentation should be submitted at the Fannin County Board of Education no later than 4:00 pm Friday, April 12, 2019.
3. Children who will turn four on or before September 1, 2019, and who are Georgia residents may apply. School zones within Fannin County do not bind pre-k students.
4. Forty-four positions are available. Positions will be determined using a lottery method. A public drawing will be held at 5:30 pm on Thursday, April 25, 2019, in the cafeteria at Blue Ridge Elementary School.
5. Remaining applicants will be drawn and written down in consecutive order. Those not chosen as the first 44 students will be placed on a waiting list.
6. Families will be notified by phone and mail on the status of their application no later than Tuesday, April 30, 2019.
The Board of Education will continue to accept applications beyond, Friday, April 12, 2019, however those names will be placed on a secondary waiting list.