McCaysville City Councilman Richard Wagner first offered ServLine Water Loss Protection leak insurance information in June 2018 during the monthly City Council meeting. The insurance was finalized by unanimous vote at a recent meeting.
The start date for ServLine insurance is March 1, 2019 for customers of McCaysville Water and Sewer.
While customers will see new service charges of $2.00 on their monthly statements beginning in March this is not the fee for the new program.
ServLine will provide “freedom from the financial burden created from water leaks and water line breaks both on the city level and on the customer’s property.”
Working with McCaysville Water and Sewer Service, ServLine will offer water and wastewater customers a better way to pay high water bills and service line repairs due to leaks. The service includes:
- Up to $10,000 repair for cracked or a broken from your meter to the house’s foundation.
- No deductible from the resident or homeowner.
- There is no annual limit on use of the protection’s services.
More benefits and information can be obtained when opting in for this service or visiting https://www.servline.com/.
Quoting from the ServLine pamphlet, adjustments on water bills will not be made on the following conditions:
- Residential customers who do not have their own water meter.
- Commercial or Industrial Customers.
- Premises left or abandoned without reasonable care for the plumbing system.
- Leaks on irrigation systems or irrigation lines, leaks in water features such as fountains, etc., leaks on any water lines coming off the primary water service line, plumbing leaks in any structure other than the primary residence.
- Negligent acts such as leaving water running.
- Excess water charges not directly resulting from a qualifying plumbing leak.
- Filling of swimming pools or leaks in swimming pools.
- Watering of lawns or gardens.
Fees for protecting water and sewer lines on their home sites will be $4.60 for a new total of $6.60 a month if residents add the new service protection for their homes. Customers will need to fill out a form provided by City Hall to Opt-In to the program.
Please contact City Clerk Nancy Godfrey by stopping at City Hall located on 223 Blue Ridge Dr., McCaysville, GA or phoning (706)492-4921 for more details.
McCaysville City Council meets every second Tuesday of the month. The next scheduled meeting will be March, 12, 2019, at 7:00 p.m.
FetchYourNews.com attracts more than 300,000 page views and 3.5 million impressions per month for ad server. FYNTV attracts approximately 15,000 to 60,000 per week Facebook page reach. For the most effective, least expensive local advertising, call 706-276-6397 or visit advertise@FetchYourNews.com