American Legion Auxiliary (ALA) of McCaysville Unit 248 hosted a very special birthday this year at the Veterans Conference Center in Blue Ridge, GA at its monthly meeting on March 4, 2019.
The American Legion (AL), with Posts throughout the United States is celebrating its 100th birthday on March 15, 2019. To help honor this momentous occasion, ALA prepared and served a delious meal for Veteran members of the local American Legion Chancy Harper Styles Post 248. Green bean salad, fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, mashed potato salad, brownies, homemade fudge, and cakes were just a few of the items set out for Veterans to enjoy.
ALA President Thelma Coffone presented a cake honoring the Legion’s birthday to AL Commander Richard Crosley before the feast began.
According to American Legion website, March 15th “is the day in 1919 when the first American Legion caucus, held by members of the American Expeditionary Force, convened in Paris; the date on which the Legion came to life. Chartered and incorporated by Congress in 1919 as a patriotic veterans organization, the Legion is devoted to mutual helpfulness.”
To support the Legion, “In the spirit of Service, Not Self, the mission of the American Legion Auxiliary is to support The American Legion and to honor the sacrifice of those who serve by enhancing the lives of our veterans, military, and their families, both at home and abroad. For God and Country, we advocate for veterans, educate our citizens, mentor youth, and promote patriotism, good citizenship, peace and security.” Its purpose is:
- To support and advocate for veterans, active military and their families.
- To support the initiatives and programs of The American Legion.
- To foster patriotism and responsible citizenship.
- To award scholarships and promote quality education and literacy.
- To provide educational and leadership opportunities that uphold the ideals of freedom and democracy and encourage good citizenship and patriotism in government.
- To increase our capacity to deliver our Mission by providing meaningful volunteer opportunities within our communities
- To empower our membership to achieve personal fulfillment through Service Not Self.
If you are a Veteran and would like to meet with your fellow comrades, please contact Cmdr Richard Crosley at firstname.lastname@example.org. American Legion members meet the first Monday of each month at the Veterans Conference Center in Blue Ridge.
If you have had a member who served and/or currently serving the military and would like to join the Auxiliary, please contact ALA President Thelma Coffone by phone (706)455-8422 or email her email@example.com.
FetchYourNews.com attracts more than 300,000 page views and 3.5 million impressions per month for ad server. FYNTV attracts approximately 15,000 to 60,000 per week Facebook page reach. For the most effective, least expensive local advertising, call 706-276-6397 or visit advertise@FetchYourNews.com