Schools in Fannin County will open their doors to students on August 6, 2014. With this date in mind, Fannin County High School (FCHS) would like to share a series of articles with the community to communicate important information in order to begin preparing for a successful 2014-15 school year.
The dress code at FCHS is a topic of importance to students and parents as new school clothes are sought out and purchased for August. The dress code at FCHS is a Fannin County Board of Education Administrative Regulation and remains relatively unchanged for the upcoming school year. However, for incoming 9th graders and new students to FCHS, the dress code may be somewhat new. The entire dress code is outlined on the school’s website at www.fannin.k12.ga.us
The Dress Code followed at FCHS includes but is not limited to the following specific guidelines:
1. Skirts and shorts must have a hem length of no more than four inches above the top of the kneecap.
2. Tops that leave the shoulder bare are not permitted with shoulder straps being three inches or more in width. Sleeveless tops, for girls and boys, must have an appropriate arm opening that fits around the arm.
3. Body piercing jewelry, except for earrings in the ears, is not acceptable. All jewelry must be worn appropriately.
4. Unnatural hairstyles or colors, makeup, paints or clothing accessories that present a disruption to the school environment are not acceptable.
5. Clothing with derogatory, terroristic, insulting, sexual, violent or insinuating messages is not allowed along with clothing having advertisements for drugs, alcohol, or tobacco.
6. Slashed clothing, clothing with holes, tight spandex-type clothing, sheer lace, cropped tops, sunglasses, hats, bandanas, or chains are not acceptable.
7. Pajamas are not acceptable and shoes must be worn at all times.
The expectations of the administration, faculty and staff of FCHS in regard to student dress are high. Dressing appropriate for given situations is an important lesson for all to learn. Any student(s) in need assistance in meeting the dress code will be assisted by the staff. Again, for detailed explanations of the dress code please see the school website or contact the school.