BLUE RIDGE, Ga. – Fannin County Chief Appraiser Dawn Cochran presented the 2018 tax digest schedule to the Board of Assessors at their monthly meeting Friday, Jan. 12.
Here is a list of important dates of which Fannin County tax payers should be aware:
- April 1 – Tax payer deadline for submitting exemptions, including homesteads, conservation use, Freeports, and Forest Land Protection Act exemptions;
- May 3 – Board of Assessors monthly meeting at which the tax exempt digest, the real and personal property assessment notices, up-to-date value changes and final ratios are all expected to be approved by the Board;
- May 18 (approximate date) – Notice of property assessments are expected to be mailed to tax payers;
- 45 days from notice of property assessments – Deadline for assessment appeals to the Board of Assessors department;
- August – Millage rates are expected to be set by the Fannin County Board of Commissioners, Board of Education, and all municipalities;
- Aug. 30 – Digest to be submitted to the Georgia Department of Revenue;
- Sept. 14 (approximate date) – Tax bills expected to be mailed to tax payers from the Fannin County Tax Commissioner office; and
- Dec. 20 – Tax bills due.
Cochran also stressed appraisers will be conducting site visits throughout the county from now through May and urged tax payers to please be aware of these upcoming site visits.
Fetch Your News is a hyper local news outlet that attracts more than 300,000 page views and 3.5 million impressions per month in Dawson, Lumpkin, White, Fannin, Gilmer, Pickens, Union, Towns and Murray counties as well as Cherokee County in N.C. FYNTV attracts approximately 15,000 viewers per week and reaches between 15,000 to 60,000 per week on our Facebook page. For the most effective, least expensive local advertising, call 706-276-6397 or email us at advertise@FetchYourNews.com